What is Gas Chromatograph?
The gas chromatograph is a Chromatography that uses chromatographic separation technology and detection technology to perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of complex multi-component mixtures. There are many types of gas chromatographs with different functions, but their basic structures are similar. A gas chromatograph is generally composed of a gas circuit system, a sampling system, a separation system (chromatographic column system), a detection and temperature control system, and a recording system.
Features of Gas Chromatograph
- High selectivity
- High separation efficiency
- High sensitivity
- Fast analysis
- Wide range of applications
Applications of Gas Chromatograph
1. Environmental protection: analysis, monitoring, and research of trace toxicants in polluted places such as atmospheric water sources.
2. Biochemistry: clinical application, pathological and toxicological research.
3. Food analysis: analysis and research of trace components in microbial beverages.
4. Chinese and Western medicine: analysis of raw material intermediates and finished products.
5. Petroleum processing: analysis and control of petrochemical industry, petroleum geology, oil composition, and ore control research.
6. Fine chemical analysis: additive analysis, catalyst analysis, raw material analysis, product quality control.
7. Pesticide residue analysis: organochlorine pesticide residue analysis, pesticide residue analysis, herbicide residue analysis, etc.