The freeze dryer adopts an imported compressor with a heat exchanger, which increases the cooling capacity and helps to improve the water capture capacity. It is mainly used as laboratory equipment. The cold trap of the lab freeze dryer has a large opening with a sample pre-freezing function. With advanced technical innovation, the instrument has diversified functions.
What Are the Functions of a Freeze Dryer?
1. Freeze drying is carried out at low temperatures, so it is particularly suitable for many heat-sensitive substances. Such as proteins and microorganisms will not denature or lose biological activity. Therefore, it can be used in the medical industry.
2. Because of drying in the frozen state, the volume is almost unchanged and the original structure will not be concentrated. So, it is widely in the lab
3. The dried material is loose, porous, and spongy, and dissolves quickly and almost immediately after adding water.
4. Because there is little oxygen for drying under a vacuum, some easily oxidized substances are protected.
5. When drying at low temperatures, the loss of some volatile components in the substance is very small, which is suitable for drying some chemical products, drugs, and food.
6. During the freeze-drying process, the growth of microorganisms and the function of enzymes can not be carried out, so the original sexual packaging can be maintained.
7. Drying can remove more than 95-99% of water so that the dried product can be stored for a long time without deterioration.
1. Turn on the “main power switch” on the side of the chassis, and press and hold the “vacuum meter” button on the control panel for more than three seconds.
2. Press and hold the “Refrigeration” button on the control panel for more than three seconds, and the temperature digital display shows the actual temperature of the cold trap
3. Start the refrigerator and pre-cool it for more than 30 minutes to about – 60°C.
4. Put the sample into the sample rack, wipe the sealing edge and sealing strip with alcohol cotton, cover the plexiglass cover, and press the “vacuum pump” button on the control panel for more than three seconds.
5. After the air pressure display is stable, record the values of temperature and air pressure.
6. Record the values of temperature and air pressure before shutdown.
7. Press the charging valve on the control panel, and immediately turn off the vacuum pump;
8. When the vacuum is 999ka, open the plexiglass cover and take out the sample;
9. Turn off “refrigeration”, by pressing the “vacuum gauge” for more than three seconds, and finally turn off the main power switch.
10. After the ice in the cold trap is completely turned into water, clean the inner wall of the cold trap with a dry cloth, covering it with a plexiglass cover and a dust-proof cloth.
6 Precautions For Using Of Freeze Dryer
1. The surface area of the prepared sample should be expanded as much as possible, and it should not contain acid and alkali substances and volatile organic solvents.
2. The sample must be completely frozen in ice. If there is residual liquid, it will cause a gasification jet.
3. Note that the cold trap is about – 60°C, which can be used as a low-temperature refrigerator, but you must wear insulating gloves to prevent frostbite.
4. Before starting the vacuum pump, check whether the outlet valve is tightened, whether the charging valve is closed, and whether the contact surface between the plexiglass cover and the rubber ring is clean, free of dirt, and well sealed.
5. Generally, the lab scale freeze dryer shall not be used continuously for more than 48 hours.
6. During the freezing process, the temperature of the sample gradually decreases. After the sample is taken out and warmed for a period of time, continue drying to shorten the drying time.